    Hi, is there any substantial difference in color gamut capabilities
    between the new TV technologies (plasma, lcd, dlp etc)? If so,
    which one(s) have the best color gamut?

    Mike, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Mike

    Matt Ion Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > Hi, is there any substantial difference in color gamut capabilities
    > between the new TV technologies (plasma, lcd, dlp etc)? If so,
    > which one(s) have the best color gamut?

    Can you display your gamut in public???

    Matt Ion, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Mike

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Better sources of such info. One is the AVS Forum

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php?s=

    Read top FAQ first, then go to the display devices area and the faqs there.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Mike

    Mark² Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, is there any substantial difference in color gamut capabilities
    > between the new TV technologies (plasma, lcd, dlp etc)? If so,
    > which one(s) have the best color gamut?

    Different manufacturer's TVs are going to differ in this regard--even those
    using the same basic technology.

    Best advice is... Take your camera (or other deveice capable of outputting
    your shots to video) and plug it in to various TVs. The sales people should
    be happy to let you do this.

    ONLY then will you really get a feel for the differences.

    Mark², Nov 28, 2004
  5. Mike

    Markeau Guest

    This article, under Color Gamut, seems to say plasma has a larger
    gamut:
    http://www.digitalmediadesigner.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=25494-3

    Markeau, Nov 28, 2004