    mikedepetris Guest

    reinstalling .NET 2.0 x64 fixed this, now I have a crash in the bt8x8
    dll plugin only

    mikedepetris, Jan 4, 2006

  2. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    Sorry I did a bit of confusion.

    My HaupPauge WinTV has a conexant bt881 and I am not able to make it
    work with x64 with any software.

    My Aims VideoHighway Xtreme (bt849) works with K!TV 64bit with video
    audio and teletex.
    The btwincap driver installs ok but I am not able to tune any station,
    I tryed with Dscaler and wincap, where K!TV does not let me choose the
    WDM driver as the 32bit version does.
    I really want to find something to listen to radio, how should I do it?

    Thank you.

    mikedepetris, Jan 6, 2006

  3. I got the free version of ChrisTV to work with the Conexant driver with a
    bit of tweaking of the driver settings. See http://www.tv-cards.com/apps.php
    for a list of applications. These are for x86 but may work with the x64
    Conexant driver.

    As far as I know, there is no standard interface for FM radio programs and
    no-one has written an interface to work with x64.

    If you want radio you will need a DVB card. The stations you want may not be
    on DVB radio.

    I have a Leadtek WinFast DVB1000T which works for DVB radio but not TV on my
    nForce3 system. Others seem to have this card working fully, so I think it
    depends on what motherboard chipset you have. There are other DVB cards with
    x64 drivers and applications. See
    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t3782-0.html and
    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/f14.html

    Dominic Payer, Jan 7, 2006
  4. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    I had some more time for tests:

    The old Aims VHX works great!
    K!TV works ok as Dscaler is working with the WDM x64 driver.

    K!TV seems more ligth as functions, time to launch, teletext, and
    general feeling, the only thing I lack is FM Radio that is perfectly
    working with Dscaler+WDM where I can set the tuner to the FM radio
    format and the wonderful this in this case is that the last TV channel
    continue showing even when changin to listening to an FM radio, I've
    always dreamed for this feature!!

    Unfortunately I am not able to see teletext with Dscaler+WDM, so I have
    to use K!TV for tv+teletext or DscalerWDM for tv+radio, I would really
    like to find a way to have both features in both programs.

    Another consideration is that Dscaler eats more cpu but seems to give a
    better video, the tuner setup section works better too.

    I will put back the WinTV 881 card and try to find a way to use it...
    tell me wich software should I try please! I am thinking of using it as
    a better TV card and the VHX just for radio.

    mikedepetris, Jan 8, 2006
  5. mikedepetris

    Guest Guest

    Thankyou Dave for putting these two schoolboy know it all ass bullies in line.
    Nick

    Guest, Jan 8, 2006
  6. mikedepetris

    Guest Guest

    Hi All

    I run a Dvico Fusion dual digital HDTV and it runs like crap on my AMD X2
    3800+, 2gb Ram, on board ATI Rage X200 (X300 based) with 128mb memory
    allocated and Win XP X64.
    I have an X800 Pro PCIEx16 in the mail but im not convinced this will do the
    trick, suspecting it is typical crap X64 support. Im using beta drivers for
    the card as that is all that is available. ALso the supplied infrared remote
    control doesnt seem to work, again im guessing it is the X64 driver support
    (and hopefully not a DOA remote).

    Guest, Jan 8, 2006
  7. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    I have an WinTV with conexant CX23881
    win XP pro x64

    TW> The newest x64.5.0.18 is recommended.
    TW> You can find it in the following threads :
    TW> http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showpost....635&postcount=5
    TW> http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/x64.htm

    very nice thank you, I installed the driver and now from Dscaler and
    Amcap I can choose one of the two TV cards both installed in my system.

    The WinTV cx 881 card gives a bad image that can't be bettered by
    tuning, but I guess there's something to set up, will have a look on
    the net for hints, as the image was very good in 32bit OS.

    Thank you again.

    btw I had a problem installing the driver, as XP x64 tries to install
    two devices, I set the first to "Hauppauge unused device" and the other
    to "Hauppauge WinTV HRV-1100/1300" but I had to do this by hand.

    Maybe using the third option given in the driver (DVB-T something) I
    could get better results? And what about the unused device?

    I think this is explained in some forum but... which one?

    correction: third option is "Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T PCI"

    mikedepetris, Jan 9, 2006
  9. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    I have a WinTV with conexant CX23881

    mikedepetris, Jan 9, 2006
  10. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    Thanks to tw1965 I now have both card working.

    Hauppauge WinTV with conexant cx23881
    see http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=26624#post26624
    I have to understand why I get a bad tuning with the WinTV but I think
    I will try removing the VHX card first as there may be interferences.

    Another question is about hardware... having both TV cards installed,
    what is the best way to connect the aerial antenna cable? A very short
    Y cable on the PC back or do I need signal partitioning?

    mikedepetris, Jan 9, 2006
  11. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    questions
    - tuning the WinTV 881
    - feed both card with antenna cable
    - listen to VHX radio while looking TV
    - using WinTV IR remote
    - no teletext in Dscaler
    - no digital TV, which new card should I buy and throw away all?

    :)

    mikedepetris, Jan 9, 2006
  12. You can fine tune your 881 card in DScaler, but may have RF interference
    inside the case. My experience with my older WinTV 878 is that the card
    needs to be physically as far from the video and sound cards as possible
    within the case.

    I feed 3 cards on 2 machines with signal splitters.
    TV cards need an amplified signal. If you can provide suffiicient signal
    strength, dividing the signal should work.

    If you don't have two tuners you probably won't be able to use two different
    frequencies simultaneously, so won't be able to watch TV and listen to VHF
    radio.

    The IR remote needs 64 bit drivers for the IR at least. Some remotes use a
    lookoup table for signal translation. If you can find where this is held you
    could edit it yourself, assuming no compiled or 64 bit component is
    required.

    DScaler doesn't provide teletext for me either.

    For digital TV, I would treat any 64 bit driver and software as beta since
    x64 has a relatively small installed base and even fewer use TV cards with
    x64 so exhaustive user testing hasn't been possible. Find someone with as
    close as practicable to your hardware setup and a working card and follow
    them - but be prepared for unpleasant surprises.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 10, 2006
  13. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    Btw, why doesn't K!TV 64 bit support WDM driver as the 32 bit version?
    I could use the WinTV without changing application just switching
    interface.

    mikedepetris, Jan 12, 2006
  14. K!TV x64 is at beta2 and not actively being developed.
    When it is progressed and finalised I'm sure many features will be added.
    And its cpu usage will probably increase to cope.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 13, 2006
  15. mikedepetris

    mikedepetris Guest

    It's perfect for me, seems just a bit strange there is no other driver
    support.
    Thank you :)

    mikedepetris, Jan 13, 2006
  16. mikedepetris