Turning off the previous searches feature in Google

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Amos, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Amos

    Amos Guest

    Could anyone help me turn off the feature which shows previous
    searches made?

    When I double click (sometimes a single click does it too) the search
    box on the Google main page, which I have made as my homepage, a
    drop-down box appears showing all previous searches made. I find this
    quite irritating and I am pretty certain there is a way of turning
    this feature off.

    I have recently formatted my computer and certainly didn't have this
    feature before. I seem to remember having this problem some time ago
    and did find a solution, however I cant find anything at all now or
    have forgotten what I did todeactivate this feature - I would have
    thought it to be under 'preferences' but find nothing there.

    My sincere thanks in advance to all those who can help.

    Amos

    Amos, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Amos

    G. Morgan Guest

    On 20 Oct 2004 04:04:35 -0700 "Amos"
    used 18 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    If using IE:

    Tools --> Internet Options --> Content Tab --> Autocomplete

    Turn autocomplete off

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Amos

    jirwin Guest

    I believe that that is a feature of your browser. I know that Internet
    Explorer has an "auto-complete" feature that saves things you have
    entered in to a text field.

    jirwin, Oct 20, 2004