Turning off offline files sync on wireless connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jon Earley, May 23, 2005.

  1. Jon Earley

    Jon Earley Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a laptop with 2 network connections - wired and wireless. Most of the
    time the PC is connected to our office network via the wired connection.
    Certain files and folders and setup for synchronization so I can work on
    them when I am out of the office. This all works fine.

    The problem occurs when I get home to my wireless connection. As soon as
    Windows XP sees the wireless network it tries to synchronize my offline
    files and folders with our office network, which of course it can't find.
    The synchronization process then tends to lock up for a minute or so and
    then eventually comes back and says it can't find the server.

    Is there any way I can tell Windows not to try and resync my offline files
    using my wireless connection and to only do it when the wired connection is
    present ?

    Thanks.

    Jon Earley, May 23, 2005