    my PC speaker disconnected for personal reasons) and would like to turn the
    modem noises off. How do I do this? I'm guessing via Control Panel > General
    Modem is - Pine / ESS 2818/9 56k Fax Modem.

    Dr Snuggles, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Dr Snuggles

    DanOne Guest

    "Dr Snuggles" <>
    wrote in message
    i.com...
    | I have a new internal modem and it
    seems to have an onboard speaker (I have
    | my PC speaker disconnected for
    personal reasons) and would like to turn
    the
    | modem noises off. How do I do this?
    I'm guessing via Control Panel > General
    | > Properties > Advanced > Extra
    Settings, but what is the code?

    | Modem is - Pine / ESS 2818/9 56k Fax
    Modem.

    ATM0 = speaker always off
    ATM1 = speaker on untill connection is
    established
    ATM2 = speaker always on

    Add de desired command to your modem
    init string.

    DanOne, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Dr Snuggles

    kamputo Guest

    My Computer/ /Properties/Device Manager/Modem/Properties/Modem Tab/turn
    volume off.

    kamputo, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Dr Snuggles

    kamputo Guest

    My Computer/properties/Device Manager/Modem/properties/modem
    tab/Properties/turn volume off

    kamputo, Oct 2, 2003