Turn your plastic camera into steel, STEEL!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jun 17, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jun 17, 2011

  2. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Jun 17, 2011

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    And all its strength comes from the resin that binds together the
    stainless steel particles.

    Resin, or in other words ... PLASTIC!

    Rich *will* be pleased. ;-)

    Bruce, Jun 17, 2011
  4. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Plastic paint!

    Mike, Jun 17, 2011
  5. RichA

    snapper Guest

    snapper, Jun 17, 2011
  6. RichA

    Tim Conway Guest

    <g> That was a good movie, the best of the series, I thought.

    Tim Conway, Jun 18, 2011
  7. RichA

    Tim Conway Guest

    It was a Klingon "Bird of Prey" and not even their usual vehicle. That
    shows real adaptability for a pilot/captain. :)

    Tim Conway, Jun 18, 2011
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    One of the ways paint is graded is by the amount of solids in it.
    Admittedly, without a solid steel shell, it's more or less window-
    dressing, but maybe the steel would at least reduce black plastic's
    terrible susceptibility to IR-induced heating?

    RichA, Jun 18, 2011