    and copy and paste, so I know what is going in a search box ahead of
    time and do not need every character sequence searched for.

    Thanks.

    John Doe, Oct 12, 2010

  2. John Doe

    Ralph Fox Guest

    1. Go to http://kb.mozillazine.org/
    2. Under "Firefox", click the link "Frequently encountered issues
    and how to fix them"
    3. Click the link "Find bar opens when typing in textbox"
    and read.

    If the first item under "Other solutions" does not work for
    you, try the other solutions.

    Ralph Fox, Oct 12, 2010

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Maybe I did not explain properly... I was talking about searching
    for text in the Find dialog box. The Find dialog box is already
    open. When I start entering text, it searches for every letter as
    they are entered. I would rather it wait until I finish typing
    (actually speaking or pasting text), for it to wait until I press
    Enter before it starts searching. If I am not mistaken, the
    Accessibility option "Search for text when I start typing" is
    supposed to control that, but it does not change the behavior.

    That is a small problem, Firefox rocks, I am just checking to see
    if there is a solution.

    John Doe, Oct 12, 2010