    Could someone explain ttl flash that comes with the d70 or point me to a
    website that explains in english.

    Thanks guys, sorry if the question is stupid

    Paul, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Paul

    AstroPax Guest

    Get yourself a Speedlight SB-800.

    -Astro

    AstroPax, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Paul

    tbm Guest

    ->Astro

    has astro any idea as to how much the sb-800 flashgun cost's? one could very near buy another d70 body for the money.i use my sb22
    on my d70 with camera on m setting and fg set to a2 ie auto.works just fine for me.i think this ttl flash thing is only another
    means of making plenty from us enthusiasts/amateurs.rgds to all from TBM...

    tbm, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Paul

    AstroPax Guest

    I paid about $320 US for my SB-800.

    Not sure how things are priced in NL, but $320 isn't really all that
    much, not around here anyway.

    -Astro

    AstroPax, Aug 30, 2004
  5. Paul

    Apteryx Guest

    That is not exactly fill flash, its more a matter of there not being
    enough available light, or the available light not providing enough
    contrast. It can be tricky to get the balance just right, but the D70
    can do a pretty good job on its own. Just raise the flash and shoot.
    If the results are not satisfactory experiment using either exposure
    compensation or flash exposure compensation (if the light from the flash
    seems too dominant, which would make the background, lit only by
    available light, disappear into the darkness once you have the subject
    correctly exposed) until you get the results you like.

    For actual fill flash (where there is plenty of availble light, but it
    is too contrasty, putting unsatisfactorily deep shadows on part of the
    subject) use flash exposure compensation, probably about -2.0 stops, or
    whatever makes the subject look best.

    Flash exposure compensation is accessed by holding down the button you
    use to raise the flash, and rotating the front command wheel, unless you
    have used the menu to reverse the functions of the front and rear
    command wheels.

    Apteryx, Aug 30, 2004