    Likes Received:
    0
    Well it isnt my fault you dirty kids have all these naughty names for bodacious tata's, hooters, honkers, slabs, headlights, pointers, bangers, low hangers and floppies.

    The Modfather, May 10, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    God, modfather do u live in a sewer or something?

    unholy, May 10, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Of course not, you're the ones with your minds in the gutter. I mention something as innocent as dangling participles and you guys can't stop thinking about naughty stuff. for shame.

    The Modfather, May 11, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey, give the younger generation a break. Let's focus on more interesting topics, such as Tornados, earthquakes, and things of this nature. This could evolve into our weather anomalies thread...

    bigal, May 12, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Weather anomolies? Hmm... So you wanna talk about blow jobs huh? Okay, well, do they have a lot of tornadoes in Australia?

    The Modfather, May 12, 2006
  6. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Not very often. Nor do we get Tsunamis, Earthquakes etc. The thing that we DO get, are cyclones. Northern Queensland takes at least one per year I think, it's been like 6 years since Cairns WASN'T hit once in a year.

    XhArD, May 13, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    we have had Larry go through at easter and there was anothyer one that went through to Darwin.

    unholy, May 13, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    What differentiates a cyclone from a tornado? Is it just a different word for the same thing in that part of the world?

    The Modfather, May 13, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Cyclone is a Water/ Land based Wind storm it does consist of the eye of the storm and there is a rotateion of wind around the eye. but it is different in that it forms in the Ocean and comes to the land. Have large Damage radius and strong winds for 1-2km from the eye.

    Tornado's are formed on land due to high amount of hot and cold air in the atomsphere. They tend to last less time then Cyclones and dont have as much damage radius.

    unholy, May 13, 2006
  10. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    think of Cyclone as Hurricane, its the same thing, but called Cyclone if it's in the southern hemisphere. Dunno why, it just is.

    XhArD, May 13, 2006
  11. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ahh, okay, I thought a Cyclone was another name for something we have here but thought it was a tornado. Okay that explains it then. So we get them here plenty, just call 'em hurricanes. Cyclone sounds cooler though. :)

    The Modfather, May 14, 2006
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    [​IMG]
    Tornado

    [​IMG]
    Cyclone

    :)

    unholy, May 14, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Looks like a cyclone is maybe a small hurricane? What's the speed factors for a cyclone?

    The Modfather, May 14, 2006
  14. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I dont know, i aint ur Weather Scientist!

    try www.google.com its very useful for that sorta stuff :p

    unholy, May 15, 2006
  15. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You aren't? Well then, BLOW!

    The Modfather, May 15, 2006
  16. bigal

    elegantsatisfaction

    Joined:
    May 10, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    We had a tsunami warning exercise here in the Phils last week...

    elegantsatisfaction, May 22, 2006
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined: