    find a place with a proper adapter.
    if anyone wants to buy this model i'll be happy to talk to them.

    cheers, warp.

    warp, Jun 11, 2006

  2. warp

    J. Clarke Guest

    Have you tried searching for that model in the closed auctions on ebay?
    Although generally if you label it so that people who want it can find it
    ebay will find the market price--most of the bargains there are things that
    are either incredibly specialized or so poorly labelled that someone who
    wants one only comes across it by chance.
    You won't. The Maxxum has a shorter flange distance than Canon.

    You might want to consider waiting for the Sony to ship.

    J. Clarke, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Warp-

    The used film camera market has been greatly affected by the popularity of
    digital cameras. You would be lucky to get a fraction of the original
    cost for your body. The lenses may be worth more, since they should work
    with the Minolta digital bodies, as well as the new Sony Alpha that was
    recently announced.

    You may have your heart set on the Canon 20D, which is a nice camera. On
    the other hand, you may be able to find a bargain Minolta digital body now
    that Sony has taken over the product line. Either the 5D or 7D would be
    able to use your existing lenses and save money compared to buying the
    Canon. (Some would argue that the 7D compares with the Canon 20D in all
    areas except for a trivial difference in megapixels.)

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Jun 11, 2006
  4. warp

    Lobby Dosser Guest

    About the only thing related to film that is holding up well on ebay is
    lenses. In fact, I'm watching a Minolta going very cheaply Only because I
    want the lenses. Browse through the Film SLRs - look at what other makes
    are selling for or, as J.Clarke suggested, search the closed auctions.

    Lobby Dosser, Jun 12, 2006
  5. Film cameras are pretty much a drug on the market these days, since nearly
    everyone buying cameras wants to do what you want to do -- buy a digital
    instead.

    Your best bet is probably to just sell the camera on eBay starting at a very
    low price, letting the camera find its own selling price. Good photos of it
    and a good, accurate description will help.

    You won't find any such adapter, but you might want to consider a Konica
    Minolta digital SLR instead of the Canon, either the Maxxum 5D or 7D. Both
    are excellent cameras -- I have the 5D myself. The new 5Ds are probably
    about all sold out now, but there are still (more expensive) 7Ds on the
    market. The new Sony A100 will be available soon (basically it's an upgraded
    Maxxum 5D) and it will take your Dynax/Maxxum lenses also. Minolta's
    built-in Anti-Shake, which the new Sony also has, works very well and is a
    worthwhile feature you can't get on any other digital SLR.

    Neil Harrington, Jun 12, 2006