Trusting Xerobank? Look At Their Wiki

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Ari Silverstein, Jan 3, 2011.

  1. http://support.xerobank.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faq

    Page down to "Does XeroBank have a support forum?"

    Then for real shits n giggles to xB Browser "Why is it that sometimes
    I can connect, other times I get a timeout error?"

    Btw, a bunch of what is in this Topletzian like of bullshit is
    patently *false*

    E.g. Does XeroBank offer webmail?

    "No. Webmail is extremely insecure, and *every* major webmail software
    is *frequently* compromised."

    Every fukken one, Topletz? Frequently? *LOL*

    FYI:

    Assclown spanking:

    <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1018578#post1018578>

    Where is Xerobank - going on for over *5 months*

    <http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281212>

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 3, 2011

  2. Ari Silverstein

    Nathan See Guest

    Personally, I'm too frightened to e-mail the fellow and tell him to
    get over here to answer these questions. However, if there is one
    brave soul out there reading this, the Xerobank wizard helper/support
    says to reach them at:

    wizardsupport(at)xerobank(dot)com

    EDIT: I meant to type "I am too busy" ;)

    Nathan See, Jan 4, 2011

  3. Ari Silverstein

    Nathan See Guest

    It's a classic Topletz argument (as has been noted by others as well,
    Steve Topletz is his worse enemy when he takes on an irritating
    condescending tone or belittles those who challenge him).

    Nathan See, Jan 4, 2011
  4. Ari Silverstein

    Nathan See Guest

    I agree with you, Fox. Both sides are capable of dismissing the other
    side.

    DASfox, the issue is that there is no reason why domains for different
    privacy providers should be registered under the same entity, even if
    they're going through the same servers (possibly because of lack of
    any superb privacy alternatives). Am I correct?

    Another still outstanding issue are those crazy connections to thesis
    writing services on some of the Xerobank pages (if they're still
    there).

    The last outstanding issue is whether there's any set date for
    Xerobank to reopen its forum.

    I doubt if anyone has bothered to e-mail xerobank about any of this
    and see what they say (or report that they're not replying). I'm all
    for the transparency that public discussions on Wilders promotes, but
    there's no reason why that can't be achieved by first emailing, then
    posting the results of whatever reply is received from Xerobank. I
    think in most cases we're too lazy to make the effort to contact
    Xerobank.

    Nathan See, Jan 5, 2011
  5. Like on bad acid, IMHO

    Anyway, I'm very tired of haggling over this issue. If it bothers you
    that there may be associations among XeroBank and these other
    anonymity providers, find another provider that you like. If that
    doesn't bother you, and especially if it reassures you, be joyous. Me,
    I can't help it, I'm in love with Steve Topletz even if he is not
    bisexual.

    here'smypants, Jan 5, 2011
  6. Ari Silverstein

    Nathan See Guest

    Here'smypants aka Heirophant, people obviously have the right to
    pursue and uncover what they can about these anonymity organisations
    whether or not they want to be customers.

    As for the bisexual thing, that's gross as hell.

    Nathan See, Jan 5, 2011
  7. Ari Silverstein

    Nathan See Guest

    Now I understand. It's a good point. If a Xerobank person ever comes
    back on here, they should be asked. If they don't come back here,
    someone might make the effort to e-mail them and see if they'll reply.
    In any case, it's a standing mystery that xerobank should explain. I
    agree with ya no matter how many dumb posts you put up.

    Nathan See, Jan 5, 2011
  8. Ari Silverstein

    Nathan See Guest

    That's good information and supports what I've come to believe -- that
    they're purposely staying off the Wilders forum because they know
    they'll likely get trounced if they dare appear! So they help you if
    you need help with using the product and e-mail them, while purposely
    ignoring everything else. It's very disappointing.

    Nathan See, Jan 6, 2011
  9. Ari Silverstein

    spark59

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I knew there had to be a hitch, but techie-wise I don't quite get what you're all saying above. I know, however, from past experience that a lot of 'security providers' are just a great way to concentrate people who want confidentiality in one place and spy on them.

    Do any of you know or otherwise speak to the security integrity of neomailbox.com ?

    Or can you suggest a solid equivalent to what xerobank purports to offer in terms of security/privacy/anonymity?

    I dont have anything to hide, but I do object to covert spying, datamining, etc that others can do to innocent folks.

    Thanks for any help.

    spark59, Jan 21, 2011