    Regards,
    Amit Patel
    Student LD College

    amit patel, Sep 24, 2011

  2. amit patel

    Nick B. Guest

    Suggest you look on kb.netgear.com and in their forums. Netgear refer to
    it as VLAN tagging rather than trunking and the procedure to set up
    802.1Q trunks and tag ports is a bit messy compared with the Cisco method.

    Nick B., Sep 24, 2011

  3. Once you turn on taging a VLAN on the Netgear, it'll be a "trunk" port
    in Cisco speak. The mixed tagged/untag model doesn't work well to
    grow/interopt with cisco, usually all vlans are tagged.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 25, 2011