    Version V9.00.07 Enterprise Edition is running on the switch.

    Any feedback much appreciated.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Fred Atkinson

    Eric Louie Guest

    Taken directly from my 1900...

    interface FastEthernet 0/27

    duplex full
    !
    trunk On

    The trick is to go to the command line interface

    In the menu, it's V T B (or A) T 1

    Eric

    Eric Louie, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Eric Louie Guest

    Oh yeah, and you have to have a VTP server somewhere else to set up the
    VLANs, and make your switch the VTP client.

    Eric

    Eric Louie, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Well, I tried that. I've set the domain name on both
    switches. I've made sure there is no password set. I've set the 1900
    to client mode and the 2924 to server mode. I still don't find a
    'trunk' option under the interface on the 1900.

    I'm probably overlooking something but I'm not sure what.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Fred Atkinson

    anybody43 Guest

    Check that the switch does support the type of trunking that you are
    trying to use.

    ISL - 802.1Q?

    I seem to recall that quite a few of the smaller switches did not
    support it at one time.

    anybody43, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Fred Atkinson

    Eric Louie Guest

    Ummm, Fred? It only works on the two Fast Etherenet (26 and 27)
    interfaces...That's the limitation on the 1900

    -e-

    Eric Louie, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Ummm, Fred? It only works on the two Fast Etherenet (26 and 27)
    That's what I found out thanks to an email one of you sent me.
    The 1900 I have has only one fast ethernet port 0/27 and two fiber
    interfaces. But it works quite well when I use it as a trunk.

    I also didn't know that the 1900 only supports ISL. But I
    know it now thanks to the help of the folks on this newsgroup.

    I guess I'm going to have to round up another 2900 for my home
    Cisco lab.

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Mar 1, 2005