Trunking and Vlan Tagging

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ants, Mar 1, 2006.

  1. ants

    ants Guest

    Hi,
    We have the following

    cisco3500 (10.0.0.1)------<fibre
    connection>------extreme_summit300(10.0.0.2)

    cisco gbic int configured
    auto speed, auto duplex, no trunking, no trunk encapsulation etc.
    basic.

    extreme port 49 configured following: (newby to extremes)
    vlan 'xxx' untagged to port.

    note.. cisco is plugged into multi vlan switch..

    from 10.0.0.0/24 network i can ping extreme switch ok. but not from
    other networks (although i can ping cisco3550 ok)

    I know it's a case of the correct port config
    trunk mode, vlan access, encapsulation etc.

    any ideas?
    thanks in advance.

    ants, Mar 1, 2006