    3. can this workstation go to these different IP subnets ?
    4. Can these IP subnets communicate with each other ( via the
    workstation as router ) ?

    bensonlei, Jan 10, 2012

  2. bensonlei

    Mark Huizer Guest

    The wise enlightened me with:
    Is that a question?
    yes, if the operating system/driver supports this and you configure it
    correctly
    yes, if the operating system/driver supports this and you configure it
    correctly
    yes, if the operating system/driver supports this and you configure it
    correctly

    Mark

    Mark Huizer, Jan 10, 2012

  3. bensonlei

    bensonlei Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks for the answers.

    Want to know more:
    1. in Q4, if workstation is as router between these subnets by
    default ?
    2. How can I configure the workstation for only the workstation can
    communicate with these individual subnets, but other hosts in these
    subnets can not communicate each other ?

    Thanks a lot

    bensonlei, Jan 11, 2012
  4. bensonlei

    Uli Link Guest

    You should understand the difference between a physical NIC and logical
    NICs for each configured 802.1q VLAN first.

    If the O/S is forwarding packets between different logical
    NICs/interfaces depends. By default Windows does NOT route.

    Access-lists.

    Uli Link, Jan 11, 2012
  5. bensonlei

    bensonlei Guest

    Hi,
    For the answer "Access-list"; you mean ACL in Switch or workstation ?

    1. Switches are configured in Layer 2 and no inter-VLAN route in the
    whole network environment, what ACL is applied ?
    if ACL in windows platform, May I know how to create a ACL in
    windows since I never do a ACL in window ?

    2. What is the checklist in windows system/driver in order to enable
    the NIC drive supports
    2.1 "4. Can these IP subnets communicate with each other ( via the
    workstation as router ) ?
    yes, if the operating system/driver supports this and you
    configure it
    correctly "

    Thanks for the help

    bensonlei, Jan 12, 2012