Trouble with Network Extension Mode in VPN 3002 connecting to VPN 3005

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Shawn Schubert, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Hello all,

    Can you please help me.
    I am currently having trouble enabling a VPN 3002 to go into Network
    Extension Mode. When I activate it, I lose all VPN routing.
    Below is some information if it helps.
    VPN 3005 host internal addresses 172.19.X.X, Running version 4.1.3.
    Split tunneling is enabled for the group.
    VPN 3002 private IP addresses of 10.0.0.X, Running version 4.1.3
    The problem:
    When ever I disable PAT, I can no longer ping or access 172.19.X.X
    addresses.
    I hope you can help me.

    Things I have done prior to disabling PAT.
    Added check mark to allow network extension mode on HWCLIENT tab for
    group.
    Added a route of 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 to point to 172.19.2.3
    (internal address for cisco 3005)

    Other things that might be causing the problem.
    I am on a PPOE Dynamic connection.
    Split tunneling is enabled on the group.

    Can anyone help me?

    Shawn

    Shawn Schubert, Jul 23, 2004