Trouble with Acronis

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Guinn Hudon, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. Guinn Hudon

    Guinn Hudon

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Auburn, WA USA
    I downloaded Acronis and followed the instructions for making a recovery disk and within a week my computer (Toshiba Sattelite) went completely blank! Inserted the recovery disk but could not recover. Used my wife's computer to send a request to Acronis for help. This has been 6 days now and no response from Acronis so I have re-loaded Windows from the Toshiba recovery disk.

    Now comes the real problem: When I power up I get the Toshiba splash screen then a message from Acronis (on a black screen) that says I must hit Return as the boot drive (partition) failed to load.

    Question: How do I get rid of Acronis completely?
    How do I go back to just one partition?
    Or, what needs to be done - and how - to get back to square one?

    Thanks for any help,
    Guinn

    Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
    Guinn Hudon, Nov 1, 2006