    other config systems installed as everything was uninstalled when the reboot
    was done, and only the operating system CD has been reloaded? Please help,
    this is mighty frustrating for a novice!...

    Dave M, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Dave M

    Smirnoff Guest

    A couple of possibilities.

    It could be that your wireless card utility program is still trying to
    control your connection and conflicting with Windows. See if there is an
    option to remove it as a default or start up option.

    When you select "Allow Windows to configure my wireless network
    settings", it starts WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration). Possibly WZC is
    set to "manual" or "disabled".

    Right click "My Computer">Manage. Click on "Services and Applications"
    in the left panel, double click "Services" in the right hand panel.
    Scroll down to WZC and right click>Properties.

    Using the pull down menu, select "Automatic">Apply>OK.

    Smirnoff, Sep 26, 2008

  3. Dave M

    Dave M Guest

    Thankyou for the response. As it turned out, when I reinstalled XP, I'd also
    installed the Broadcom Wireless Utility as part of the wireless driver pack,
    thinking i needed it to setup my connection, d'oh! Once removed, all is ok.
    Many thanks for your help tho, I may be back!!

    Dave M

    Dave M, Oct 2, 2008
  4. Dave M

    Smirnoff Guest