    and remains.

    I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.

    How do I go about troubleshooting this?

    Not Bill Gates, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Not Bill Gates

    Boomer Guest

    Hi

    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308029

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    and
    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Not Bill Gates, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Not Bill Gates

    Iceman Guest

    in message
    Start by looking here:

    "Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting"
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "308029 Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    Iceman, Apr 24, 2004
  5. Not Bill Gates

    Boomer Guest

    You're welcome. (Google is your friend.)

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Not Bill Gates

    why? Guest

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    The Elder Geek on Windows XP Website

    Me

    why?, Apr 24, 2004
  7. Not Bill Gates

    why? Guest

    <snip>

    You should not use a valid domain for your munged email address. You
    won't be getting the spam but the mail server for these folks will be.

    http://www.microhard.com/HOME/
    Harpal Singh
    600 Enterprise Dr - Suite 207
    Oak Brook, IL 60523
    US
    Phone: 630-522-1111

    Domain Name: MICROHARD.COM
    Created on..............: Thu, Jul 20, 1995
    Expires on..............: Wed, Jul 19, 2006
    Record last updated on..: Thu, Dec 04, 2003

    Try reading

    Me

    why?, Apr 24, 2004