    windows used by the installer are installed rather than the ones for
    the full version.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Trevor Appleton

    poster Guest

    Everything points to 'security settings' but no longer having a Win 98SE
    machine handy, I cannot easily compare. Within MS IE and perhaps MS OE,
    there may be some settings which are for 'high security' such that they
    are locking out the internet. It's very difficult to know, but glad a
    working solution has been found! Probably won't go back to MS IE now!

    --

    E-mail + files - 30 day free trial - <http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/>
    Can be added as an MX record, so your domain mail gets stored safely,

    USENET news service ? <http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4> (plans from under US$5)

    poster, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Haven't got 98SE BTW just 98

    Trevor Appleton, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Trevor Appleton

    poster Guest

    no matter - the principle still applies - I cannot use a similar setup to
    know whether there's a way to duplicate your problem, or to see/know what
    options are present which are messing up the facility to get web pages in
    MS IE. It's pretty academic now he has Firefox running, except for there
    being a dependence on MS IE for Windows Update to work, generally. Peter

    poster, Jun 18, 2005
  5. ....well thanks again and I guess we'll close the thread

    Trevor Appleton, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Trevor Appleton

    Conor Guest

    Even more reason to ditch IE in my opinion.

    Conor, Jun 19, 2005