    (even killing a process with task manager, or deleting
    a registry entry?)
    Danke schoen mit schokolade.

    Thorney, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Unplug the printer from the wall for 30 seconds or so. If that doesn't work
    by itself, combine with a reboot.

    Joe

    Joseph E. Johnston, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Thorney

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Go to the following folder:

    C:\windows\system32\spool\printers and delete the files there. If they are
    'in use' that won't work, but it should after one reboot.

    If you find that it doesn't work even after a reboot, there is a utility
    available that will move files on reboot. That utility should be able to
    move the files out of the spool file into someplace where you can delete it
    from.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Thorney

    Unk Guest

    Try flushing the print spooler...

    Right-click "My Computer", Manage, expand "Services and Applications", click "Services", scroll
    your way down the list to "Print Spooler", click "Stop" the service. When the service returns
    "Stopped", right-click the taskbar print icon and select "Update". When the Icon disappears, go
    back and restarte the service. In some rare instances, you need to Log off then Log on again.

    Unk, Jul 13, 2005
  5. Thorney

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jul 13, 2005