    "Directory Services Restore Mode" options from the F8 menu, everything
    looks almost the same as original again.

    What seems wrong, and how could I trouble shoot this?

    Yenc, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Yenc

    °Mike° Guest

    At startup, press the F8 key and choose last known
    good configuration.

    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Yenc

    Yenc Guest

    OK, chose "last known good config". It worked. So, I then told XP to
    Restart, to see if it would come up under its own as a totally normal
    bootup.

    And again, it did. Problem solved? Well not quite, not yet.

    Now that I am able to boot normally once again, I now have the ability
    to use diagnostic utilities once again. So I ran both Norton and
    Windows version of Scandisk for XP, and both are giving me this
    strange error as to why they cant either scan, or fix the drive.

    Norton returns this screen when attempting to run Disk Doctor, which,
    always worked perfectly for me before this ordeal:
    http://www.westol.com/~reid/norton.jpg

    And like wise, Windows returns an almost similar error when attempting
    to run its version of Scandisk:
    http://www.westol.com/~reid/wind.jpg
    http://www.westol.com/~reid/wind1.jpg

    What ever problem these error messages point to, is probably my
    initial problem to begin with.

    Any help?

    Yenc, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Yenc

    °Mike° Guest

    That error just means that you are trying to "fix"
    the drive that your operating system is on; just
    press to accept to schedule the diagnostics for
    bootup time.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Yenc

    Yenc Guest

    Strangely enough, at least at this point, everything seems ok again,
    for now.

    Thanks Mike

    Yenc, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Yenc