    from there? Also, is AVG a good enough Anti-virus software? If not what
    is?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Sam Aungst, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Sam Aungst

    The Prophecy Guest

    Disable System Restore.

    Windows XP:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

    Windows ME:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

    The Prophecy, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Sam Aungst

    Mike Guest

    Ah! System restore, the well known virus refuge. Turn off system
    restore. Scan. Turn on system restore. You will lose all your restore
    points but you wouldn't want to restore a virus would you.

    AVG is superb.

    Mike, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Sam Aungst

    SkyWriting

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    System Volume Information restore

    The original SVI Trojan was in system restore even though it was shut off. I have turned it off and on again. But the problem is not IN the restore file. That is merely where the files get placed from some other place. They reappear over and over.

    SkyWriting, Apr 24, 2011