    are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
    has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.

    Tracker

    Pictures, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Pictures

    Tim H. Guest

    "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).

    Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s). You and
    Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..

    -Tim

    Tim H., Jan 10, 2004

  3. Pictures

    Jim Watt Guest

    I doubt that.

    GENERAL COMPUTER HEALTH WARNING
    -------------------------------

    Any advice from a poster using the word 'tracker' may contain
    dangerous nonsense and should be immediately deleted from your
    computer.

    Do NOT contact this person by email

    Do NOT feed the Trolls, one warning is enough, further messages
    only reinforce the desire for attention that provides motivation.

    Visit the fan club at:
    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    Jim Watt, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Pictures

    Dalt Guest

    Gawd...you still alive??

    I really would have thought somebody would have left you face down in a
    gutter by now....

    delusional idiot...

    Dalt

    Dalt, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Pictures

    2560 Guest

    Idiot and delusional ?

    2560, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Pictures

    Duh! Guest

    and he uses win95 ? DUH

    Stephen

    Duh!, Jan 10, 2004
  7. Pictures

    ± Þete ± Guest

    You typed 'trojan horse' into Google and pasted one of the first links you
    saw into your poast.

    That pretty much covers 99.99% of all your 'output' spammer.

    Egrads,

    Pete.

    ± Þete ±, Jan 10, 2004
  8. On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:17:17 +0100, Duh! spoketh
    She

    Lars M. Hansen
    http://www.hansenonline.net

    Lars M. Hansen, Jan 10, 2004
  9. She

    The girl of my dreams! Another dummy!

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jan 10, 2004
  10. Pictures

    Tracker Guest

    Please enjoy your family and life because life is precious but once it's gone it can never
    return my friend.

    Tracker

    Tracker, Jan 10, 2004
  11. Pictures

    Tracker Guest

    Our tracking skills deal with malicious hacker activity which is opening exposed on innocent victims computers. Victims
    which include Microsoft, Big Corporations, schools, churches, and so on. The list is way too long to post here but we talk
    to the victims and help them secure their computers.

    Tracker

    Tracker, Jan 10, 2004
  12. Pictures

    Dalt Guest

    IT

    Dalt

    Dalt, Jan 10, 2004
  13. Pictures

    Jim Watt Guest

    whatever.

    Jim Watt, Jan 10, 2004
  14. Pictures

    Mimic Guest

    Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling
    services and installing a firewall,
    there is less chance of them hosting a trojan.

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".

    Mimic, Jan 10, 2004
  15. Pictures

    donutbandit Guest

    There really wasn't anything basically wrong with what Tracker said. She
    merely said that a person may have picked up a Trojan before shutting down
    services and installing a firewall, and think they are now secure when they
    aren't.

    It's elementary school security stuff, grade level 2, but still a large
    percentage of the computer using world wouldn't even know about it or
    understand it.

    The web page was simplistic as well, but would be of use to a complete know
    nothing newbie.

    Downloading stuff off P2P is admittedly risky unless you download MP3 only.
    There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3. If
    there was, somebody would surely have found it by now.

    Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
    post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
    student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
    and the level of response is way too high.

    donutbandit, Jan 10, 2004
  16. Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
    If this were here first or second post, I would agree with you one hundred
    percent. But Tracker is our resident whacko. She has been posing as a security
    expert for it seems like years, posting mindless drivel. No amount of feedback,
    subtle or frank, reaches her. She's like the Eveready Bunny. She just keeps
    going and going.

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jan 10, 2004
  17. Malicious code can be "transmitted" in most any filetype. The question
    is, will it be executed by an errant or malicious application. The question
    of safety with regard to MP3's lies in the player being used as well as the
    OS the player app is running on.

    FromTheRafters, Jan 10, 2004
  18. Pictures

    Dalt Guest

    Hence my "delusional" comment...she's not got a grip of reality and her only
    somewhat tenuous grip on reality may be that she posts in various newsgroups
    to reinforce her own missguided perceptions.

    "I am a security expert" followed by many hundreds of posts to self
    reinforce this as nobody else will thereby perpetuating her own perception
    of reality.Then pointing back to the previous posts as evidence of her
    "reality"..this is born out by her release of a *book*,as she seems to
    believe that a published author must be what they claim to be and provides
    yet more reinforcement of her delusions

    No amount of rebuking or insults will change her I doubt,she simply believes
    what she is saying to be an accurate representation of the truth.Her
    "alledged" use of mind altering substances will only compound the situation
    making her remote grip on our reality even less but in her mind even
    stronger..

    Most like her eventually end up scuicidal when the bubble finally bursts...

    In her mind she is telling the truth...ok to everybody else it's looks like
    the ramblings of an imbecile...but we aren't inside her reality (thank
    heavens)

    ACV and newsgroups are her own *therapy* ignore the mindless fool...and she
    will eventually become an expert in something else....

    cheers Dalt

    Dalt, Jan 10, 2004
  19. Pictures

    Mimic Guest

    I was just ripping her post apart, bascially my point was disabling services
    and such
    has nothing to do with storing a trojan on your system. Once its "infected",
    then a firewall
    will pick it up. Shes just a troll and its better to blast everything so
    newer people dont even
    go near her, than it is to say she if she reworded a staement it wouldnt be
    wrong. But we've
    been through it all with her before :p

    Mimic, Jan 11, 2004
  20. Pictures