    Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007

  2. serracino

    WhzzKdd Guest

    And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
    I'd be MUCH more inclined to trust Kaspersky than most other software out
    there.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Trojans/rootkits and virus scanners often use similar techniques, so a
    somehow heuristic scanner may find a false positive.
    If you downloaded the trial from a trusted (no e-mailed link, did you type
    the URL?) source, you can assume a false positive.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 9, 2007
  4. ....and someone posting from Google Groups? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 9, 2007
  5. serracino

    serracino Guest

    My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE latest version 4.31

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007
  6. serracino

    serracino Guest

    My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE 4.31

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007
  7. serracino

    Plato Guest

    Could always be a false positive. It happens even if you use the best
    software that is totally safe. Thing is, lets say you develop this grand
    perfectly OK ware and some anti-virus, anti-spyware says you got a
    problem, the Author wont even listen to the developer of new ware they
    are just ignored, forcing the developer to modify his/her ware.

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  8. serracino

    Plato Guest

    False positive, Kaspersky is 100% safe and real and has no problems,
    even if you download it from here:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/housecall/004.htm#1

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  9. serracino

    Bullseye Guest

    Sorry, but Xsoftspy is a piece of junk and once on the rogue antimalware
    list itself. It is at the bottom of the line as far as antispyware apps
    go, and has a history of finding false positives. Kaspersky, on the other
    hand, is a top of the line antivirus and the company is one of the most
    reputable. I would suggest uninstalled Xoftspy immediately and go with
    something much more reliable, like Superantispyware, which scanner you can
    use for free.

    Bullseye, Jun 10, 2007