Trixbox - How to set a trun to register after x amount of seconds

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by RH, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. RH

    RH Guest

    Hi anyone help me on this one,

    I thought I had my system sorted, as it was working for some time
    Anyway, now I am finding my Voipfone drops the registration after a few
    hours,

    If some one calls it gets routed via PSTN fall back
    and If I dial outwards I get one way audio (No Inbound)

    If I do a reset or chnage a parameter in trixbox so it re-reads teh confiig
    all is fine.

    Trying to find information is near impossible, but I found somewhere that
    adding
    maxexpiry=180 should help in the trunk settings, but it does not for me.

    Are there any other settings which will get this working correctly?

    RH, Sep 5, 2006

  2. RH

    paul123 Guest

    I had a similar problem with my voicestick account, which I only use
    for incoming - where it was losing its registration after an hour. I
    also tried changing maxexpiry, defaultexpiry etc all to no avail. What
    eventually cured the problem was to force a SIP reload every 60 minutes
    (I actually set it to 30 minutes). Not saying this is the issue in your
    case.

    Instructions on how to do this were provided by chandave on the voxilla
    forums where he was actually dealing with a different issue - you'll
    need to adapt them a little, if you're going to try this - the relevant
    part is:

    paul123, Sep 5, 2006

  3. RH

    alexd Guest

    That will actually do it every 5 minutes. Also, it needs to be entered as
    one line, and don't enter 'Code:' or it won't work.

    alexd, Sep 5, 2006
  4. RH

    paul123 Guest

    hence "you'll need to adapt them a little"

    the "code" was from the page on Voxilla - I'm sure RH will have had a
    look on the Voxilla link and worked it out from there :)

    paul123, Sep 5, 2006