    looked up and the FF bookmarks are ALL gone now and I've googled for
    solutions but to no avail, any solutions out there? Thanks :)

    -Z

    zvnteq7, Mar 4, 2009

  2. zvnteq7

    alan Guest

    If I were you, I'd do a little more thinking about even using fasterfox.
    There are a number of issues, the most significant being it prefetch
    process. Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasterfox

    alan, Mar 4, 2009

  3. Just restore your bookmarks from your most recent backup.

    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 4, 2009
  4. zvnteq7

    Pennywise Guest

    Backup?

    :) we know better but bets are the OP doesn't.

    I don't use FireFox (Opera users) but I did find a directory that the
    OP can restore that missing Bookmarks from (surprised me)

    OP go here:

    %userprofile%\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5sxve99s.default\bookmarkbackups

    (Copy and paste the above in the run command)

    Make sure bookmarks.html is deleted in the default directory, grab the
    latest bookmarks-2009-02-11.json and rename it bookmarks.html and
    place it in the Default directory.

    Really you'd be better off hitting F1 while in FireFox.

    Pennywise, Mar 4, 2009
  5. zvnteq7

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Restore from the backup you made before you made the change.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 4, 2009
  6. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    I tried that, didn't work, I'm going with Opera again, if I need to go
    use citibank I'll use FF or Seamonkey

    actually I'm loving Google Chrome lately too, some fast ass browsing
    with that one.

    Oh and I'd like to nominate Safari 4 beta as the worst piece of crap in
    browser land...

    zvnteq7, Mar 4, 2009
  7. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    oh and here's an odd thing, I can't re-ADD any new bookmarks to the now
    blank bookmarks bar

    zvnteq7, Mar 4, 2009
  8. zvnteq7

    Keyser Söze Guest

    I'm running 3.0.6 and FasterFox install states it's incompatible - perhaps
    that's just as well.

    Keyser Söze, Mar 4, 2009
  9. zvnteq7

    Pennywise Guest

    very first thought is the backup is write protected.

    Pennywise, Mar 4, 2009