Triangle on Digital

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, Mar 29, 2013.

  1. Problems with CRT TV's is the colour tracking the guns ware out and that
    you get a colour cast, geometric problems and low resolution..

    Frank Williams, Mar 31, 2013

  2. "Frank Williams" wrote in message

    So are you going to buy her a new Telly?

    Robin Halligan, Apr 1, 2013

  3. No they have more money than me and I think from the comments well off.

    Frank Williams, Apr 1, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I'm living on the single pension. My savings may last till I'm ninety but I
    wouldn't bet on it.
    Just hoping not too many things break down, they are all getting old, like
    me.

    I grew up before TV, and our first was a small black and white one.
    So I don't want an enormous one, like the folks today.

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    You would know our model,
    I think its called Cantus.

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Is Barbara Magner still around?

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  7. Frank Williams, Apr 1, 2013

  8. Plus the Car they have..?

    Frank Williams, Apr 1, 2013

  9. You seem to have forgoten Choise..?

    Frank Williams, Apr 1, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    I'll second that. Sorry to hear about it.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 1, 2013
  11. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    The Loewe was Hubby's idea.
    Buy quality, it's the cheapest in the end.
    And unless you need an item immediately, save up and pay cash.
    And only use a credit card if you have enough in the bank to pay it off.
    But surely everybody knows that.

    In one's eighties, most items will see one out, so why change them?
    Managing on the pension is hard enough without unnecessary luxuries.
    And any savings will be needed to cover the next twenty years.

    And why buy a new car, when we have to have a medical for a driving licence
    every two years?

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you.

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  13. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you.

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    There's radio of course, and just about anything on the computer.
    And the library.
    And Sky documentaries often end up on Prime.

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    geopelia, Apr 1, 2013
  16. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Is watching TV a luxury now? You can now purchase a 32-40" widescreen
    format TV (it's all widescreen now - so a widescreen signal will look
    horrible on your old TV), for very little money. A small handful of
    hundred dollars.

    What else are you going to do with your money? :) Really, it's a very
    cheap entertainment for older and less mobile folk.

    I think you should go into a big electical shop and have a look at some
    modern TV's on working display. You won't believe the difference.

    Dave Doe, Apr 2, 2013
  17. geopelia

    bugalugs Guest

    Sorry to hear of his passing

    Cam

    bugalugs, Apr 2, 2013
  18. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Of course. But some sort of set is nice to have, even though Sky now has
    most of the best live events.
    A battery radio of some kind is now a necessity though, in case of some
    disaster.

    Ration it out to last the rest of my lifetime. I could reach 100. Or perhaps
    only 95.
    Insurance now takes a huge chunk out of the pension, but that is essential.
    So are rates, power, water etc.
    And in a home that is over 40 years old, some appliances are getting to the
    end of their lives.
    As they break down, I go and see what The Good Guys have got.

    You're as old as you feel, these days.
    They say a woman is never older than eighteen in her heart, and I find that
    is true!
    But they don't say the same for her poor old feet, unfortunately.

    I don't see much difference in the picture itself. Our TV seems better than
    most.
    Some are much thinner though, which could be an advantage.

    geopelia, Apr 2, 2013
  19. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you.

    When North Shore Hospital could do no more for him, he went to a nice
    private hospital but only lived six days.
    They couldn't let me have him home, which was all he wanted.
    Shame we missed our Golden Wedding though, that would have been next year.
    But we were luckier than many couples these days.

    geopelia, Apr 2, 2013
  20. geopelia

    Rich80105 Guest

    And I am very sorry to hear of the death of your husband Geo.
    Rich

    Rich80105, Apr 2, 2013