    now called Face please?

    e.g.Parliament is now 22.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013

  2. Face's instructions are here

    http://www.facetv.co.nz/index.php/tune-in

    My understanding is that the only way to watch it as a digital signal
    is to be a Sky subscriber. If you're in Auckland you can watch it via
    UHF analogue, but that will disappear soon when Auckland does the
    switchover to digital.

    Malcolm Moore, Mar 29, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    The man who installed it yesterday got it on digital, just by clicking a
    number. I was watching it.
    That is why I asked here what the number was.

    Yes I've tried Google and can't make any sense of it.
    I got something like that website, but it is much too complicated for me to
    try.

    I can still get it on the old system of course. I think it's going in
    December anyway.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. The man who installed it got Triangle just by clicking a number.
    I haven't got Sky and don't intend to get it. I don't watch enough TV for it
    to be worth having at their ridiculous prices.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I wonder how the TV man got it yesterday just by clicking a number, like the
    other programs.
    That is why I asked here.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  6. geopelia

    Fred Guest

    Something on your remote will bring up a list of channels, names and
    numbers that you are tuned to.

    Fred, Mar 29, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I don't have any instructions with the new remote. I think I'll just get it
    from the old system.

    geopelia, Mar 29, 2013
  8. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Check your (new) remote - it should have a button like "Guide" or
    similar, which, after a few seconds, should bring up a channel listing.
    If you press it again, it will display more. Use the "Back" button or
    "Home" button to exit. All dependent on the remote you have, but
    similar functions should exist on your new remote.

    Dave Doe, Mar 29, 2013
  9. Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
    Freeview been moved to Sky.

    Frank Williams, Mar 30, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    So this is/has been nothing more than a Sky TV grab ones wallet exercise.

    Yes, its analogue but Geo has done what is required and gone digital before
    Decemember 2013, for Auckland, so that digital ads can splatter her viewing
    experience.

    Gordon, Mar 30, 2013
  11. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the back
    of the set.
    Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.

    I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
    mess the whole thing up.
    I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
    Triangle on the old one.

    geopelia, Mar 30, 2013

  12. And TVNZ is shutting down the BBC broadcast.

    Frank Williams, Mar 30, 2013

  13. A very BAD Move,.

    A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
    resolution and no cut off screen.

    Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
    from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
    and contrast and a short viewing angle

    But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

    Frank Williams, Mar 30, 2013
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

    I don't buy anything from the Warehouse since they closed the Link Drive
    branch.
    The nearest now are Albany, or Milford which is now at the back of a huge
    Mall. They must have lost a lot of sales, moving away from the entrance.
    The items I want are usually out of stock anyway, "Jam yesterday, jam
    tomorrow but never jam today" seems to be their idea.
    So why waste the time? I signed up for getting stuff delivered, but it's the
    same story there.
    If they open a local branch again I'll go now and then. Otherwise it's not
    worth the bother.

    But it's best to go to a proper retailer for anything electrical, for the
    installation and after sales service.
    Quality pays in the end.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Not to worry, good old NewstalkZB is still on radio.
    But I use the computer more than radio or TV now.
    The all night one? That used to be good years ago.

    I used to like "Town and Around". I wonder if they will ever bring it back.
    But I expect most of the folks there are now retired or dead.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  16. "geopelia" wrote in message

    Geo the best option i can offer (though it is long and boring)
    is to sit in front of the telly and on the Digital remote
    press 1 and let it tune in then try 2 then 3 and so on
    you will see every channel you have right up to 99
    lots of them will have nothing on them but it might be in there

    Robin Halligan, Mar 31, 2013
  17. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    As good as it may be, is it widescreen? Even if it is, the picture
    quality of the LCD screens now is superior to CRT. LCD screens are also
    *much* larger and *much* lighter.

    It's a bit like saying I own a forty year old quality gramaphone.

    Dave Doe, Mar 31, 2013
  18. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I'll see what's available if it ever needs replacing. But I don't watch TV
    much, very few worthwhile programs now.
    And I suppose growing up before TV came in makes a difference.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013
  19. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I've done that and got up to about 40. There are a lot of Chinese programs.

    geopelia, Mar 31, 2013

  20. Yes it was in its days but its worth less now, and the colors would have
    faded its only a CRT 4:3 screen with low resolution, time to get rid of
    it.

    Frank Williams, Mar 31, 2013