    The Treo 650 has caught my attention as a great business tool. If I bought
    this Cellphone who wold I be best going to . Vodafone or Telecom?

    Cheers Peter

    Peter, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Peter

    Richard Guest

    In my dealings with both in a business situation, I would say telecom, but I
    dont know if they treat small businesses as well as big ones, so perhaps someone
    with a small business plan with telecom can say if they are as bad as vodafone
    about buck passing.

    Richard, Mar 27, 2005

  3. If you're comfortable with Palm OS that is a good device - single hand
    operation, etc. But if you need faster connections, and an easier
    synchronisation with Exchange Server then you should consider the TNZ
    Harrier (Pocket PC Phone Edition).

    While the Treo 650 on GPRS will not go faster than 42Kbps, I've used the
    Harrier in Wellington, Auckland and Taupo with speeds between 500~600 Kbps,
    with 1Mbps peaks. Yep, faster than some DSL connections people have at home.
    Of course there's the cost - but if this is a business tool we have to
    balance this with the return in terms of agility, etc. Mobility should not
    be a burden, but an investment.

    Also, if you travel overseas, the Treo 650 may be easier for roaming,
    although at $30/MByte that Vodafone charges on GPRS when overseas, I'd say
    stick to using a laptop with wireless LAN in the hotel or a hotspot - I have
    an account with T-Mobile, and you can use it in almost every other country
    when travelling - in the US any Starbucks will have T-Mobile hotspot, and
    McDonald's in Australia have T-Mobile access through roaming on Telstra
    Hotspots). Or Boingo Wireless (only one in NZ - Dorothy's in WGTN, but some
    in Australia).

    Mauricio Freitas, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Peter

    ChrisOD Guest

    I too like the windows phones as a business tool, but prefer the vodafone
    version (i-mate PDA2k) same as the T3G Harrier but triband GSM + GPRS and
    it has WiFi so I use pocket Skype at home or abroad. Yes the GPRS roaming
    is not cheap but I tend to sync over WiFi overseas and the voice roaming
    is great.

    ChrisOD, Mar 27, 2005