transport protocol implementation in NDIS

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by zenhwa, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. zenhwa

    zenhwa Guest

    Hi there -

    Just got a EDGE GC83 card from Sony-Ericsson.
    The speed is better than GSM/GPRS. But it gets
    pretty bad when I tried to stream a small video
    using TCP over this cellular link.

    I obtained transport source code (TFRC) for
    this purpose and want to test it again. I have
    two question here:

    1. How to implement a new transport protocol in
    NDIS driver? What are the implementation alternatives?

    2. How to register the new transport protocol
    to be used by a streaming application, such as MS media
    player or realplayer etc.

    Many thanks!
    - Zenhwa

    zenhwa, Sep 15, 2004