    resolve it. If this is possible any pointers to how I would do it? Any
    examples on Cisco's site?

    Matt

    Matt, Dec 1, 2003

  2. :Is there a way to get 3640 to transparently cache all DNS requests?

    The 3640 does support Policy Based Routing (PBR) (and has since PBR
    was introduced in 11.2P). I can't say I have ever encountered a case
    of PBR to the router itself, but I guess it would be possible.

    :I would
    :like it to intercept any DNS requests and redirect them to itself
    :transparently if possible. Just like a transparent web proxy does.

    I checked the feature list of the 3640 under the newest software,
    12.3(4)T1, and I do not see listed any ability of the 3640 to
    do DNS caching at the best of times.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 1, 2003