Transparency and Adaptive AA explained at bit-tech.net

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Silverstrand, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    TMS AA, TSS AA, PA AA, QA AA... is transparency anti-aliasing getting you a bit confused? We're here to give you the low down on just what all the acronyms mean, with lots of clear words and illustrative pictures.

    [​IMG]

    Quote: "Transparency anti-aliasing is essentially a complement to conventional sampling patterns. It works by anti-aliasing samples taken from within polygons where transparent textures are used to create effects that would cost too much if replicated with raw geometry. These transparent textures include objects like trees, grass and chain-link fences. "

    Link: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/04/07/transparency_adaptive_aa_explained/1.html

    Silverstrand, Apr 9, 2006