    We have an end users office at the end of a 4MB leased line. They have an AS and a /19 from RIPE but their edge router will not handle a full BGP table. As there is only one route out to the net can we somehow advertise their address space but then statically route the traffic down the leased line.

    Thx
    Gary

    Gary, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Gary

    shope Guest

    Gary,

    you could still use BGP, but just send them a default route.

    --
    Regards

    shope, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Could you send me a sample of what the commands are please or point me in
    the right direction.

    thx
    Gary

    Gary, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Gary

    shope Guest

    Gary

    i dont do this using BGP in my day job, so best way is to point you are some
    refs

    Here is a Cisco note about aggregating routes
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/459/aggregation.html

    you want to aggregate all routes to 0.0.0.0/0, and only propagate the
    summary

    i suggest you try this on the bench before you put it on a "live" network :)

    shope, Oct 22, 2003
  5. router bgp <your-as>
    neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as <their-as>
    neighbor x.x.x.x distribute-list 1 out
    neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate

    access-list 1 permit 0.0.0.0

    Barry Margolin, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Gary

    Gary Guest

    group.

    Would it be better/easier to announce the address space and AS as part of
    our network, and then just static route the /20 to the actual owners ?

    I posted this to the group also.

    Gary

    Gary, Oct 25, 2003