    computer by renaming it "Old Address Book", but, alas only the Address Book
    transferred, not the data in it. It's the data I want. Any suggestions?
    TIA KM

    Alohacyberian, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Alohacyberian

    Mike Easter Guest

    Your addressbook is a .wab file that probably has a filename like
    yourname.wab. The application itself is wab.exe

    If you open your new addressbook it has a function to import .wab files
    [File/ Import/ AddressBook (WAB), so then all you have to do is navigate
    and find yourname.wab and import it. Unfortunately any complicated
    folder structure which you may have created in the old .wab isn't
    maintained, so that stuff has to be sorted out again.

    You can use your Find function on *.wab or you can look someplace like
    C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book - which is a Win98
    type of structure location.

    Mike Easter, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Aloha Mike, and thanks much for the info and in only 8 minutes, no less! I
    appreciate it - happy Easter! :) KM

    Alohacyberian, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Alohacyberian

    Mike Easter Guest

    A'ole pilikia

    Mike Easter, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Today Alohacyberian commented courteously on the subject at
    hand
    search for ".wab" and copy whatever you find that has a type
    "address book". There'll be one WAB file for every account that
    has E-mail on your system. then, just import the saved WABs into
    your new OE account(s).

    All Things Mopar, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Alohacyberian

    WeeWilly Guest

    snip
    I tried this and was unsuccessful.. but, I likely did something incorrectly.
    I found the .wab files and copied them to a Sandisk removable media.
    Plugged the Sandisk into the new computer and did a "File / Import /" and
    browsed to the "E" drive.. but Import doen't see the .wab file.. seems to
    only see folders.

    If I go to My Computer / E drive.. I can see it..

    Help? Thanks, Bill

    WeeWilly, Mar 29, 2006