    single transfer.

    Any ideas what sort of place I would go to have this done.

    I live in Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK (if anyone knows anyone here).

    Guest, Sep 16, 2008

  2. Guest

    Tony Guest

    Try the Newcastle phone book. I'm sure you can find someone who has a vcr a
    computer and a set top dvd recorder. Try your next-door neighbor.

    "
    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Sep 16, 2008

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As legal representative Lurker <> read article of
    Many thanks .. that would be the best solution if I knew anyone that had
    a DV camcorder.

    Guess I'll have to ask around.

    Regards.

    Guest, Sep 17, 2008
  4. Guest

    astroncer Guest

    I got a plextor digital video converter for Christmas more than a few
    years back, still haven't used it yet, it was around
    $100.00 should be able to find one pretty inexpensive these days.

    astroncer, Sep 17, 2008
  5. Guest

    ceej Guest

    Any digital camera with audio/visual recording will do the job. Just record
    the item from the TV/monitor.

    ceej, Sep 17, 2008
  6. Guest

    chuckcar Guest

    There *are* such things as DVD recorders that take simple coax input - as
    in from a VCR. You can also get frame grabber cards to capture video into
    a computer, turn *that* into a DVD format and record it. Your best bet I
    would say is drop by either a local computer club or videofile club. There
    *is* a certain amount of technical knowledge required to do this - no
    avoiding it. I'd stay away from windows movie maker, the quality of the
    video it produces is garbage and far larger in size than it needs to be.
    Putting it on a CD would work for upwards of an hour or so *maybe*, but
    for movie lengths you have to go for DVD's simple because of the size
    difference. A CD can hold 700MB whereas a DVD can hold 6 times as much.
    12 if it's doublesided. Go for mpeg2/wav format DVD. best quality without
    any loss from compression/decomression.

    chuckcar, Sep 17, 2008
  7. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    Ummm you do realize the quality of VHS sucks to begin with? VHS is ..
    what, 320x486?

    So you could EASILY fit a few hours on a CD with this resolution.

    Evan Platt, Sep 17, 2008
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As legal representative chuckcar <> read article of
    Thanks (to everyone).

    I just have a 5 minute clip I'd like to transfer to a format readable on
    YouTube and once I have done this I will probably never want to do this
    again.

    Guest, Sep 18, 2008
  9. The easy way? Find a friend who uses iMovie and buy the cable to run from the back of yer vcr to the Mac.(its not expensive)
    Macs are built for video production.

    FYI
    HTH

    §ñühwø£f, Sep 18, 2008
  10. Guest

    Tony Guest

    Silly pup, you mean to tell me in this day and age you don't know anyone who has
    a computer, a vcr and a set top dvd recorder?

    "

    Tony, Sep 18, 2008
  11. Guest

    Tony Guest

    I know kids two years old who can do this... kiddo!

    Tony, Sep 18, 2008