Transferring Favourites from one system to another?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Jul 17, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello

    If I wish to transfer the Internet Explorer Favourites from a Win98se
    system to a Win XP Home SP2 system, how do I do it?

    So far what I have tried hasn't worked.

    I copied the files from

    C:\Windows\Favourites on the 98 machine to

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites on the XP one.

    I have 5 user accounts set up on the XP machine. Two are admin the
    other three are limited.

    When I went back into Explorer none of the links show up in
    Favourites.

    Do I need to copy these Favourites to each of the individual user
    favourites folder? All the Favourites I wish to copy, I want to be
    available to all the users, that is why I copied them into the folder
    I did for All Users.

    Thanks for any help with this one.

    John

    John, Jul 17, 2005

  2. In Internet Explorer click on File, then Import Export.

    Choose Export Favorites and save the file somewhere that you can copy
    it to a floppy or CD

    On the new system click File, Import Export and choose to import the
    favorites

    Gold Key Technology Solutions, Jul 19, 2005