    Please describe the steps, or if there is a link to the process, please post
    it for me.

    Thanks

    StuLogan, Nov 24, 2007

  2. StuLogan

    sh0rtbus56 Guest

    I think you might have to just reinstall windows on the SATA. I have
    never heard of transferring windows around, though I don't claim to be
    an expert

    sh0rtbus56, Nov 24, 2007

  3. From my experience, you can do this (might require re-activation though):
    Add the necessary drivers for your sata chip
    clear the "mountedDevices" for your harddrive in the registry
    clone (ghost from a bootfloppy or whatever)
    reboot to bios setup
    turn off ahci or native sata mode (performance loss is negelectable)
    change boot order to sata-first
    pray

    wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 24, 2007
  4. StuLogan

    Ken Guest

    I used the freeware version of XXCLONE to do exactly what you're asking.
    www.xxclone.com

    Ken, Nov 24, 2007
  5. StuLogan

    Plato Guest