    machine, I have the original installation disks for the program (an accounts
    program). Ideally the program will move the registry settings.

    MJP

    MJP, Dec 10, 2003

  2. MJP

    °Mike° Guest

    Just install it on the other machine, and export/import
    any account details.

    °Mike°, Dec 10, 2003

  3. MJP

    MJP Guest

    "°.
    Just install it on the other machine, and export/import
    Unfortunately the program is very old and does not have an export facility.

    MJP

    MJP, Dec 10, 2003
  4. MJP

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:48:50 -0000, in
    <br87u9$flf8$-berlin.de>
    MJP scrawled:

    Then how do you expect a third party program to transfer
    everything, including accounts?

    °Mike°, Dec 10, 2003
  5. MJP

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Then do it manually. Not too difficult. Just locate where the data set is kept.
    Copy the folder to a floppy, ZIP/JAZ disk, cd-rw or whatever fits and place
    the folder in the same location of the application in the Win2000 machine.
    The good thing about these older programs is that they are simpler and do
    allow machinations such as this. Moreover, accounting programs are about
    the easiest to maneuver like this.

    Mistoffolees, Dec 11, 2003
  6. MJP

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Dec 11, 2003
  7. MJP

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Right. Easy to do but difficult to pull off and this is such requested technical
    services are expensive. All it takes is a little bit of detective work and a lot
    of time to locate the files that belong to the app. But then the OP knows
    what app is being used, where it is in the computer and which time stamps
    apply to the application and to the data. And accounting programs are
    known for their data separation. Besides, only the OP needs to know
    what app; the principle remains the same.

    Mistoffolees, Dec 15, 2003