    Is there any way to transfer all my Administrator setting to my main
    account-- or do I need to recreate it all manually?

    Cleburne

    Patrick Cleburne, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Patrick Cleburne

    Dave Lear Guest

    in message
    Start

    Control Panel

    System

    Advanced tab

    User Profiles section

    Settings

    Select the Administrator account and click Copy To

    This will give you a browse box for where to copy the profile to - navigate
    to your main user account folder and select it

    This will copy the user profile over, i.e. the contents of C:\Documents and
    Settings\Administrator\ and the relevant sub-hive of HKEY_USERS from the
    registy

    Dave Lear, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Thanks- that worked.

    Cleburne

    Patrick Cleburne, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Patrick Cleburne

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    or rename administrator to your login name...

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Mar 21, 2005
  5. Patrick Cleburne

    paperlion

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This seemed like such a great answer - and I couldn't find anything similar anywhere else.

    When I got to the accounts selection though, the 'Copy to' was grayed out for the Administrator.

    Any ideas.

    Thanks,
    Paperlion

    paperlion, Jun 26, 2006
  6. Patrick Cleburne

    jayindy

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Administrator does not appear in "User Profiles"

    I too am seeking how to copy my desktop icons over to a newly created user account with admin privs, however Administrator does not appear in user profiles under the "Advanced" tab...I have created and deleted accounts with the intent to copy "Administrator" with no success I feel now I've messed something up...is there another way e.g. via regedit, or am I missing something...thanks, jay

    jayindy, Jul 24, 2006
  7. Patrick Cleburne

    barbara

    Joined:
    May 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have the same problem
    "When I got to the accounts selection though, the 'Copy to' was grayed out for the Administrator"
    What to do?
    It is so annoying as the 'administrator user does not show up in the start up screen and I must press
    ctl alt del twice before I can get to my original files.
    I suppose I will have to manually transfer files through an external hard drive

    barbara, May 16, 2010
  8. Patrick Cleburne

    Gene45

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Barbara, I sorry to say I have the same problem as you do, but have learned few things. The "copy to" will be grayed out for any user who is logged on at the time. The next obstacle was that the system said it had to delete the files from the user I wanted to copy to....OK
    but then it could not....

    I have progressed as far as to try this in "safe mode" It looks like it copies the files, but they never get there.

    All written instruction make it sound so simple, they must either be wrong or left out some switch we need to know about...

    Gene45, Jun 1, 2010