    Does anyone know what this means? Incidentally I got a vibe to change these
    IP #'s slightly, but if need be I'll repost them as I got them.

    Many thanks for your help, Scott.

    Wereo_SUPREME43, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Wereo_SUPREME43

    Mike Easter Guest

    Presumably you have decided to display a bogus IP here instead of a real
    IP.
    Presumably you have decided to display bogus IPs here instead of the
    real IP.
    Presumably your brain is vibrating/vibing inside your head instead of
    not vibrating/vibing.

    What are we supposed to do with bogus IPs?

    Mike Easter, Jul 18, 2007

  3. Wereo_SUPREME43

    why? Guest

    Your site, you mean the shopping cart application hosted on your service
    provider?

    You have checked the email headers to see if the sender / originating IP
    matches a server you know is valid?

    Same person, so this is them telling you something rather than the
    administration side of the ordering process sending a email?
    Not important.

    Of course you mention the 99 cents, while at the same time didn't
    mention - shopping cart software or the versions / source of the scripts
    / provider try www.google.com first.

    That's -

    OrgName: eBay, Inc
    OrgID: EBAY
    Address: 2145 Hamilton Ave
    City: San Jose
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 95008
    Country: US
    NetRange: 66.211.160.0 - 66.211.191.255
    CIDR: 66.211.160.0/19
    NetName: EBAY-2
    NetHandle: NET-66-211-160-0-1
    Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Assignment
    NameServer: SJC-DNS1.EBAYDNS.COM
    NameServer: SJC-DNS2.EBAYDNS.COM
    NameServer: SMF-DNS1.EBAYDNS.COM
    NameServer: SMF-DNS2.EBAYDNS.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2006-01-25
    Updated: 2006-01-25
    OrgTechHandle: EBAYN-ARIN
    OrgTechName: eBay Network
    OrgTechPhone: +1-408-376-7400
    OrgTechEmail: network<edited email addy removed the at>ebay.com
    OrgName: eBay, Inc

    at least that looks okay.
    Ebay

    , 66.212.168.97
    An ISP
    Pathway Communications
    105 Commerce Valley Dr W
    Suite 500
    Markham, Ontario L3T 7W3
    CA
    Domain name: PATHCOM.COM

    , 215.113.188.35
    Seems odd, for paypal

    OrgName: DoD Network Information Center
    OrgID: DNIC
    Address: 3990 E. Broad Street
    City: Columbus
    StateProv: OH
    PostalCode: 43218
    Country: US
    NetRange: 215.0.0.0 - 215.255.255.255
    CIDR: 215.0.0.0/8
    NetName: DDN-NIC16
    NetHandle: NET-215-0-0-0-1
    Parent:
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: CON1R.NIPR.MIL
    NameServer: CON2R.NIPR.MIL
    NameServer: EUR1R.NIPR.MIL
    NameServer: EUR2R.NIPR.MIL
    NameServer: PAC1R.NIPR.MIL
    NameServer: PAC2R.NIPR.MIL
    Comment:
    RegDate: 1998-06-05
    Updated: 2006-04-11
    OrgTechHandle: MIL-HSTMST-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Network DoD
    OrgTechPhone: +1-800-365-3642
    OrgTechEmail: HOSTMASTER<removed the at>nic.mil

    , 216.114.188.65

    OrgName: SoVerNet, Inc.
    OrgID: SOVR
    Address: 5 Rockingham Street
    City: Bellows Falls
    StateProv: VT
    PostalCode: 05101
    Country: US
    NetRange: 216.114.128.0 - 216.114.191.255
    CIDR: 216.114.128.0/18
    NetName: SOVER-NET-3
    NetHandle: NET-216-114-128-0-1
    Parent: NET-216-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: CLOVER.SOVER.NET
    NameServer: APPLE.SOVER.NET
    Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
    RegDate: 2000-06-20
    Updated: 2004-03-09
    RTechHandle: NA22-ORG-ARIN
    RTechName: SoVerNet, Inc.
    RTechPhone: +1-802-463-2111
    RTechEmail: noc<removed at>sover.net
    OrgTechHandle: NOC1523-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Network Operations Center
    OrgTechPhone: +1-802-463-2111
    OrgTechEmail: noc<removed at>sover.net
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS dat

    Means nothing unless you have access to the ordering system. In that
    case you confirmed this order id.
    If you had changed or did then tracing them is pointless in case was was
    a known problem site.
    Here is some help, www.google.com , OTOH ask the company that processes
    your payments.

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 477,000 English pages for
    Error code 506. Possible fraud. . (0.10 seconds)

    VirtueMart: Your free e-commerce solution. - Error code 506 ...
    Error code 506. Possible fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS =
    172.19.56.161. The remote address of the script posting to this notify
    script does not match ...
    http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&?topic=25192.msg87421;topicseen
    - 66k - 17 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

    VirtueMart: Your free e-commerce solution. - Error Code 506 and ...
    + Error Code 506 and new Paypal IP - completely lost, please help. ... I
    GET AN 'ERROR 506' MESSAGE - 'POSSIBLE FRAUD' - THE PAYMENT GOES
    THROUGH, ...
    http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=30001.0;prev_next=next
    - 56k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from virtuemart.net ]

    online marketing, search engine optimization, joomla, multi ...
    With the following message: Error code 506. Possible fraud. Error with
    REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 216.xxx.xxx.xxx. The remote address of the script
    posting to this ...
    www.sangriastudios.com/content/blogcategory/27/49/ - 17k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    PayPal UK - PayPal Developer Community
    This is a thread with new unread messages, Error code 506 Possible
    fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS, 1, AGrant · 10-18-2006 02:25 AM by
    PayPal_DannyB ...
    www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board?board.id=uk&page=5 - 62k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Jul 18, 2007
  4. Forgive me, Mike. I've totally lost control of the website. AND the only
    thing I know about IP's is what I do in the middle of the night.

    Is there a confidentialty issue with IP's, or is it ok to repost the real
    ones? If I post the real ones what happens? I already know the guy lives in
    Florida, because that's where he says he lives.

    Wereo_SUPREME43, Jul 19, 2007
  5. Yes I changed the numbers around a bit genius me.

    Wereo_SUPREME43, Jul 19, 2007
  6. Wereo_SUPREME43

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:23:03 -0400, Wereo_SUPREME43 wrote:

    Are you really that dense still?

    a) Bottom posting 1 line after not snipping anything?
    What is the point of copying 193 lines adding only 1.

    b) I need help, need to know if there is aproblem but I changed the
    conditions of the test first.

    c) Didn't even comment on any other remarks.

    d) Not genius you.
    Me

    why?, Jul 19, 2007
  7. Wereo_SUPREME43

    why? Guest

    Then you engage the forces of law and order. Skipping over the posting
    addresses in a public news group.

    Me

    why?, Jul 19, 2007
  8. Yeah, and if I told you that I lived in your ass, would you believe me?

    I already know the guy lives in
    --
    Thanks,
    Bryan K