Trainspotting: The Definitive Edition. Any Chance of a Region 1 version?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Master Volume, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Some of you have probably seen that there's a new Trainspotting DVD
    out, a 2 disc set called the "Definitive Edition" (I think I saw a
    review of it on here awhile ago) which is filled to the brim with
    special features:

    9 deleted scenes with commentary by Danny Boyle. Feature commentary by
    Danny Boyle, Andrew MacDonald, John Hodge and Ewan McGregor. The
    Making of Trainspotting doc, Retrospective: The Look of the Film, The
    Sound of the Film. Interviews with director Danny Boyle, producer
    Andrew McDonald, screenwriter John Hodge and author Irvine Welsh.
    Behind The Needle doc. Trainspotting at the Cannes Film Festival.
    Cannes Snapshot. Vox pops. Original cinema trailers. Cast and crew
    biographies. Behind the scenes photo gallery. Critic's gallery.

    Tons of stuff right? Well once I found this, I was once again reminded
    just how embarassing the R1 release of Trainspotting is, to say the
    least. So my question is, does Miramax/Buena Vista have any plans to
    bring this 2 disc over to the USA? Being a fan of the film, I think it
    deserves no less. Does anybody have any email addresses for Miramax's
    DVD department?

    MV.

    Master Volume, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Master Volume

    Vincent Vega Guest

    Is it? Can someone provide an URL for an online retailer that has it?

    Vincent Vega, Jul 2, 2003

  3. One of the pukiest films of all time.

    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Master Volume

    Arkon24fps Guest

    Is this available in CAnada? I have not seen it anywhere yet.

    Arkon24fps, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Master Volume

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    One of the pukiest films of all time.

    Did you see "T3" yet?

    CLOSEDOWN8, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Frankly, dickwad, this thread is for ANYONE who chooses to repsond, pro or con.

    I will reply to whatever thread pleases my whim and I'm sorry the whole world doesn't worship
    the worthless tripe named, 'Trainspotting'. A waste of already mediocre talent and time for
    all concerned. If your'e that easily 'derailed', your tracks were shaky to begin with.
    You'd best understand you don't give orders on who posts and how they post. (don't give a shit
    about your reply, either.)

    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 7, 2003
  7. Buena Vista Home Entertainment
    (distributes Disney, Miramax, Hollywood, Dimension & Touchstone)
    350 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521
    (818) 560-1000

    Web site: http://bvhe.video.go.com/
    Customer Support: http://video.go.com/support/home.html

    Taken from <http://www.thedigitalbits.com/dvdlink.html>.

    There's no e-mail address that I can find on their site, but there *is*
    a feedback form at

    <http://studio.go.com/cgi-bin/gmail/generic_mail.cgi?
    template=video/vid_dvd_feedback/feedback.tpl>

    HTH,

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Master Volume

    Jordan Lund Guest

    The Canadian R1 release is pretty good, although certainly no 2 disc
    special edition. I expect they'll release it eventually just like they
    did with Pulp Fiction.

    Here's a run down on the Canadian stats (and because it's still region
    1 it plays fine in U.S. players, I know, I own one...):

    Trainspotting

    1994 / 94 Minutes / Color / Rated R
    Single-Sided Disc: 2.35:1 Widescreen Presentation (Not Enhanced for
    16x9
    Keepcase

    Alliance Release
    English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround / French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
    English Subtitles
    Special Features: Interactive Menus / Scene Access / 22-Minute Making
    Feature with Filmmaker Interview and Deleted Scenes / Theatrical
    Trailer
    $24.95 est. ($29.95 Canadian)

    Jordan Lund, Jul 8, 2003