Training Kit: Upgrading your cert to Windows Server 2003 70-292 and 70-296

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mike Miller, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Mike Miller

    Mike Miller Guest

    I agree on the MS Press book for 70-292 and 70-296. I
    inform everyone how I dislike taking the Microsoft Tests
    because I think they only test your hands on ability and
    real world experience on about 20% of the questions. I
    think the other 80% is all fluff. I do think the Tests
    and studying is useful since I learn about 20% more than
    if I wouldn't.

    Also answering to your other question, I have the 70-292
    and 70-296 Transcenders which I also used. The
    Transcenders do not have similar question or similar
    testing formats. I do not think they are at all valuable
    for these tests!!

    I passed the 292, but failed the 296. If you find any
    other useful study material, please also let me know.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Mike Miller, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Mike Miller

    Mark Scott Guest

    The Microsoft book is so dry its unbelievable! Again, I got the Syngress
    upgrade books and found them easier to read in comparison!

    Mark Scott, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Mike Miller

    smeadows71 Guest

    Well, at least I'm not alone. I just picked up the Exam
    Cram2 books yesterday and so far so good. Seems less full
    of fluff.

    I used to like the MS Readiness Review books, but they put
    them on CD and included it with the training kit. I wish
    they had just kept it a separate book, because its nice to
    get away from the PC once in awhile.

    Thanks for the Transcender info. The Exam Cram comes with
    the PrepLogic exams. I've never used them before but I'll
    give them a go and not waste my money on the Transcenders.

    smeadows71, Apr 6, 2004