    it. I think that something connected to fixing/maintaining/upgrading would
    interest me. Where can I go for training, or how can I get the best advice.
    Thanks, Kettering, Northants

    Guest, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Guest

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In
    You may want to start with the A+ certification, not necessarily Microsoft's
    MCSE. It's more of a beginner's cert, but what you learn while studying for
    it will definitely come in handy no matter what your ultimate goal is.
    Google "CompTIA A+" or something to that effect to find more info on it.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    first.

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 2, 2005

  3. My thought exactly. I would recommend a classroom environment though.

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
    why, do you teach A+ too?

    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  5. Yeah actually I do :) And Network+ and Security+ which I'm teaching again
    next week.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  6. Guest

    Mike Guest

    Some people have asked me about this.... I don't know why I never thought of
    this.

    Nice.....

    Mike, Feb 2, 2005
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    *fiegned shock*
    NO! REALLY!!!!???!!!!!

    (how come you are teaching Server+ too? and btw, "BTDT")

    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  8. Yeah I know it's a shocker. I'm a whore I guess. I'll teach anything.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  9. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    talk to me when you've done "intro to Winblows" for one fingered typists
    from the shop floor. I've taught everything from MS Word to Lotus Domino
    server with Element K materials. I can be at LEAST as big a training whore
    as you!

    :p

    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  10. LOL....The contest of the training whores has begun! I've done the intro
    class and do teach apps classes as well. Word, Excel, Windows etc. so you
    will have to really whore yourself up to compete.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  11. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    all those (3 versions of office) plus frontpage 98 and 2000, flash, lotus
    notes 4.2 mail AND calendaring, access (all 3 levels), a little vb (why I
    did that I will never know as I am not a programmer)...the manager at the
    place I worked at once quipped "we'd teach bicycle repair if there were
    dollars in it"...beggar...

    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  12. I'm a whore I guess.

    sucky, sucky five dollar.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 2, 2005
  13. Guest

    JaR Guest

    *Spit*

    JaR, Feb 2, 2005
  14. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Sphere climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    Hit 'im with yer bag a quarters, Neil.

    JaR, Feb 2, 2005
  15. Guest

    Wayne Guest

    plus notes 2, netware 2.15, groupwise, solaris 2.3 :)

    --

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
    of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the
    masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
    - Dennis (sometime in the middle ages)

    Wayne, Feb 2, 2005
  16. You are quite the whore aren't you. So how bad was VB?

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Notes 2?
    *points and laughs*

    Neil, Feb 3, 2005
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    yes, and pretty bad. But I'm such a good trainer that I still got 8's and
    9's on the course. (my students love me).

    Neil, Feb 3, 2005
  19. Yeah, I don't have any problem getting 8's or 9's on the instructor but when
    I do a client site class and they give the environment a 2. You have to
    wonder if they even bothered to notice they trashed their own facility.

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 3, 2005
  20. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    In
    If you look real close, you can actually see Neil's head grow in size.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Visiting www.mcngp.com will make you smarter. And sexier.