    protocol (e.g. HTTP, FTP) via SNMP. Can anyone provide any insight on
    how this might be accomplished using SNMP, if possible at all? I would
    like to determine a way to do this without just sniffing packets.

    Whatever I Fear, Mar 14, 2008

  2. I haven't followed new features for two years, but I know that what
    you are asking was not possible before that.

    The two mechanisms that IOS has for tracking flow information
    are Netflow, and "ip accounting". Neither one permited the stats
    to be queried via SNMP. I seem to recall that "ip accounting" could
    not be controlled via SNMP but that Netflow could be controlled via
    SNMP (but control is not the same thing as exporting stats.)

    Walter Roberson, Mar 14, 2008

  3. Whatever I Fear

    briggs Guest

    briggs, Mar 14, 2008