    My family name is: Cant
    thanks,
    Mick.

    Mick, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Mick

    Snapshot Guest

    Try this one:

    soc.genealogy.britain

    or whichever area you are looking at.

    Snapshot, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Mick

    Mike Easter Guest

    Your provider is in London, so I'll assume you're a Brit.

    I'd say the newsgroups soc.genealogy.britain, and the s.g.brit faq/s
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/barry.ruck/ and the genuki faq
    http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/faq.html for starters.

    Mike Easter, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Mick

    birch Guest

    birch, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Mick

    Pilbs Guest

    As well as what the others have suggested see also
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/familyhistory/index.shtml

    Pilbs, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Mick

    SgtMinor Guest

    Did the Cants often intermarry with the Couldnts?

    SgtMinor, Jun 22, 2005
  7. Mick

    WormWood Guest

    Too bad you aren't from the southern us.

    WormWood, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Mick

    Pat Guest

    You could try Genes reunited. I found a sister that I never new I had from
    there. Easy to use and very good.

    Pat, Jun 22, 2005
  9. Mick

    Mick Guest

    Many thanks to all for answering, I am at least on the road now,

    Mick.

    Mick, Jun 23, 2005