    faulty routers or is there another area i need to look at .

    regards

    Steve

    Steve, Jun 12, 2010

  2. Steve

    Char Jackson Guest

    My first impression is another bad router.

    Char Jackson, Jun 12, 2010

  3. Two routers could be bad but I'd try a couple of things before giving up
    on them.

    1. Replace the cable between the router and the cable modem with another
    one. Cable connectors can be over/under crimped when made and may make
    a connection on one device but not when used on another due to slight
    variations in the female connector. Might even work part time depending
    on vibrations and such.

    2. Try moving the router about 3 feet in any direction and see if things
    stabilize. Would not be the first time I had a router sitting too close
    to or on top of another device that was generating enough interference
    to confuse it.

    3. Along with the above relocation, try plugging the router into an
    outlet that is not on the same circuit breaker or fuse as it presently
    is using. Same kind of problem but looking at possible interference
    feeding into the router via the power connection.

    GlowingBlueMist, Jun 12, 2010