    Running Win 98 SE.

    Virginia.
    Remove the word ECCLESTON to reply.

    Virginia McGovern, May 17, 2006

  2. Virginia McGovern

    beenthere Guest

    Yes that`s OK.

    beenthere, May 17, 2006

  3. Virginia McGovern

    phrogee Guest

    Especially before a thunderstorm! Unhooking your modem might also be a good
    idea. The modem should reconfigure itself with no problem after re-plugging
    it. Also your modem lead-in, phone or coax cable.

    phrogee, May 17, 2006
  4. Virginia McGovern

    Flying Rat Guest

    yes. The computer motherboard has a small battery which helps preserve
    anything necessary to start it up again, such as date and time settings.
    Switching off at the mains doesn't affect anything and saves on
    electricity too.

    FR

    Flying Rat, May 17, 2006
  5. Virginia McGovern

    Jos. Wheeler Guest

    But I believe that increases the drain on the mobo battery.

    Jos.

    Jos. Wheeler, May 17, 2006
  6. Virginia McGovern

    Joe Guest

    nope, the CMOS memory is not dual power else when you did turn the power off
    it would lose its settings.

    Joe, May 17, 2006
  7. Virginia McGovern

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Virginia McGovern.

    No, because if you do then you'll get stuck in a causality loop and the
    universe will fold in on itself.

    Ponder, May 17, 2006
  8. Virginia McGovern

    ziggy Guest

    What? An implosion?

    ziggy, May 17, 2006
  9. Virginia McGovern

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya ziggy.

    More a rend in the space-time continuum that will pull everything
    together. Unplugging computers is best left to those who know what they're
    doing and can put the appropriate precautions in place.

    Ponder, May 17, 2006
  10. Fond memories of Implosion at the Roundhouse.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 17, 2006
  11. Virginia McGovern

    Peaches Guest

    I think Colin was thinking of a Lonnie Donnigan song
    "Does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost overnight"

    Peaches, May 17, 2006
  12. Virginia McGovern

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Peaches.

    If your mother says don't chew it do you swallow it in spite? ;)

    What I was actually thinking was I've seen some stupid questions in here
    and that's got to be in the top 10 ;)

    Ponder, May 17, 2006
  13. Virginia McGovern

    ziggy Guest

    Me too!! Halycon days eh?

    ziggy, May 18, 2006
  14. Virginia McGovern

    ziggy Guest

    Oh thank you, thank you....

    ziggy, May 18, 2006
  15. Virginia McGovern

    ziggy Guest

    Okay, I won't do that then, well unless I am wearing my wellingtons and my
    tinfoil hat...Goes without saying eh? ~;0D

    ziggy, May 18, 2006
  16. When your mother says don't chew it do you swallow it in spite?

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2006
  17. Virginia McGovern

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya ziggy.

    Ah, you know the foil had secret but now you've let it out!

    Ponder, May 18, 2006
  18. Virginia McGovern

    Peaches Guest

    Yep, you got there first Colin, and your clock is fast too.

    Peaches, May 18, 2006
  19. Virginia McGovern

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Blinky the Shark.

    Too slow ;)

    Ponder, May 18, 2006
  20. Virginia McGovern

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Peaches.

    Wrong. My clocks are synchronised every 3 hours to an ntp server. It's
    ntl's server that's cocking it up.

    Ponder, May 18, 2006