Totally new problem I've never seen!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gerry Wolf, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Gerry Wolf

    Gerry Wolf Guest

    Anyone who can enlighten me:

    I was minding my own business playing a bout of Diablo II on my less than
    two month old horror story computer when it froze up. When I attempted to
    restart (as usual with Diablo on this machine) I suddenly got this error:

    Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
    Please report this problem as:
    load needed DLLs for Kernel.
    Please contact your support person to report this problem.

    What the F**K is this now? I am running, or I should say attempting to run
    Windows XP Home, upgrade from Win98 SE, with a FIC AU13 board, AMD XP3200,
    512 mb RAM, a 160 GB WD hard drive, no other cards except a gForce 5200
    w/128mb RAM, and I'm using the onboard LAN and audio AC97. All run with a
    350 Watt power supply. I just today, uninstalled and reinstalled Diablo II
    in an attempt to be able to play it without the incessant freeze ups and
    Blue Screens of Death. These errors, mind you are occasional and do not
    happen all the time. But seem to happen while gaming.

    But this new one really burns me as I am the support person and have never
    run into this one before, any help here on this?

    Would be extremely appreciative!!

    Thanks in advance,

    Gerry Wolf

    Gerry Wolf, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Gerry Wolf

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Anyone who can enlighten me:
    |>
    |>I was minding my own business playing a bout of Diablo II on my less than
    |>two month old horror story computer when it froze up. When I attempted to
    |>restart (as usual with Diablo on this machine) I suddenly got this error:
    |>
    |>Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
    |>Please report this problem as:
    |>load needed DLLs for Kernel.
    |>Please contact your support person to report this problem.

    Wow, that's a bad one... google for: load needed DLLs for Kernel
    it's not good.

    |> Windows XP Home, upgrade from Win98 SE

    Me thinks you proved why it's best to perform a clean install rather
    than walk on top of another OS.

    It's not Diablo II's fault I just got through playing it myself. One
    install and I short-cut'd to the executable for three operating
    systems 98/2000/XP to play it wherever I was at.

    Pennywise, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Gerry Wolf

    Ron Martell Guest

    You need to do a Repair Install of your Windows XP Home.

    See http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for detailed
    instructions.

    A Repair Install will preserve all of your intalled applications,
    program configuration settings, and user data files. Windows Updates
    will have to be reinstalled.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Gerry Wolf

    James Guest

    YES, BUT BACK ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA UP FIRST!

    :)

    James, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Gerry Wolf

    joevan Guest

    You making a joke raht?
    How he gonna make a backup ifn he kaint start the machine??
    DUH!!!!!!!!!!

    joevan, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Gerry Wolf

    DC Guest