    Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
    permissions. The Semaphore timeout period has expired.". Would somebody
    please tell me how to make this work!!!

    Joe, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Joe

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You should use a router and forget/avoid the cross over cable stuff. The
    router will allow the connection sharing too along with other benefits.

    You can get a print server and connect it to the router an connect the
    printer to print server (it's network printer) and the one computer doesn't
    need the other computer with a printer attached to print.

    The one thing you might want to try is match the services and protocol on
    the NIC(s) on both machines. If netbeui is on the NIC for the 98 machine,
    you might want to remove it and see what happens.

    The link might help.

    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 1, 2005